Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Welcome!

Blogging is a totally new concept to me! I looking forward to exploring and experimenting with new idea and at the same time share a little of what I have learned throughout my years in education.



I am currently taking a cyper course in technology for teachers. Now, that I have read chapter 12 of the textbook authored by Drew Tiene and Albert Ingram titled, Exploring Current Issues in Educational Technology. I am even more cautious of what I can safely say and not say while blogging.



Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions to help improve my blogging skills. I am receptive to positive criticism. In my haste, I have made some simple, time-consuming unbelieveable mistakes that I just couldn't help but laugh at myself.



Now, that things have settled down for me at work, I can concentrate more on blogging. This weekend has been quite enlightening as I have enjoyed revisiting and visiting blogs.



Welcome! I will try to make your stay as pleasant, and as entertaining and as infomative as possible.

Some Thoughts on Learning.

"Learning is not child's play; we cannot learn withouth pain."
-- Aristotle

"The important thing is not so much that ev ery child should be taught as that every child should be given the wish to learn"
--- John Lubbock


"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."
--- Derek Bok





Floral Arrangement

Floral Arrangement
Mother Day's is May 9, 2010.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Number and Number Sense - Math 3.4

The SOL read as follows:

"The student will recognize and use the inverse relationships between addition/subtraction and
multiplication/division to complete basic fact sentences. Students will use these relationships
to solve problems such as 5 + 3 = 8 and 8 - 3 = _____ . "

In order to become successful at solving word problems, students must first understand the
relationship between addition/subtraction and multiplication and division. The site
http://www.aaamath.com provides guided practice in an abundance of math SOL objectives for grades kindergarten to eight. It also has a Spanish version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers